Well, we have the beginning of a new addition to our family. If you haven't heard, we are adding onto our house, and we are all extremely excited about it.
The first thing to go was our huge pine tree. That was so neat to watch.
I think they were trying to aim the tree to fall at an angle towards our back fence, but it ended up falling towards our neighbors fence. Everybody held their breath for a minute until we got the "thumbs-up" that the fence was still in tact and without injury (phew!).
Then after tearing the tree apart limb by limb they burned most of it and hauled off the rest of it.
The next couple of days were filled with plumbers, and people getting the foundation ready to pour cement. They'd work for about 2-3 hours then leave until the next day.
We were so excited when they finally poured the cement 2 days ago--that time they were here ALL day even till it was dark.
Then yesterday they brought all the wood that will be used for the framework which they will start tomorrow.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
A New Addition
Written by
Sanette
at
7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















7 wonderful thoughts:
Awesome! Keep documenting it. I can't wait to see it!
Sanette, I can't believe you titled your post that way. For a split second I thought there was a baby on the way - even though I already knew you were going to write this post. Fooled me!
How exciting! Can't wait to see how it turns out:-)
Those pics are much easier to see than the ones on the phone. This is so exciting. I can't wait to see it. We are planning Christmas at your house this year, so we can see it then.
how exciting. i hope you'll post more photos of your expansion!
Hey we had new additions yesterday too! Ours is of the 'goat' variety. How exciting to see this all going on at your place. I agree with everyone else... keep documenting it and keep us posted! Congratulations on your new addition!
BTW- I posted about our new addition today and posted a link to the birth of one of the baby goats. The kids might be interested in it.
http://cherylweathersby.blogspot.com/2011/02/twin-girls.html
Post a Comment