Can you spell "TROUBLE"? Lydia does EVERYTHING Caitlyn does. This was the 1st time I let her lick the spoon after making a cake.
She saw Caitlyn doing it and insisted that she too could do it. Well I guess she was right, she cleaned it up like a pro!!
This was a puddle after a rainstorm we had. We desperately needed the rain. Not only were we almost in a burn ban, but as you can see from the puddle (and the swirls), we also had LOTS of pollen!! Thanks to the rain, it washed a lot of it away.
This is really hard to see, and this is actually the top of a shampoo bottle. The little black thing is actually a lice. Yep, it was pretty scary, and I had no idea what this was at first. Poor little Haley probably had one of the worst birthdays this year.
This is why I don't have any other pictures of her birthday, but after I brought her home from school (on her birthday) I was looking at her head and noticed a little bug moving around. So, I asked her to hold still for a second while I got a bug off of her. Well, while I was trying to grab it with my fingers, all of a sudden about 3 other little bugs started running around on her head and I said, "OH"! Well, this freaked her out and she ran around the house screaming, "I can feel them in my hair, they're moving in my hair"! When I finally got her calmed down, we decided to try and wash the little bugs out. After thinking it through and talking to Brian and his mom, we came to the decision that these were LICE. Sad times. We went through everyone else's hair and also discovered them in Meghan and Sadie--although not to the extreme that Haley had. It was a HUGE laundry day for me, and a long night for the girls. Needless to say, not a fun experience, and we are actually still dealing with this.
On a lighter NOTE--hee, hee, excuse the pun. Lydia has discovered that she can climb up on the piano bench by herself. She has always enjoyed sitting on Brian, Meghan or Haley's lap while playing the piano, but this is even better because she doesn't have to wait for someone to put her up there.
She just has to be like everyone else! Our sweet Lydia.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















2 wonderful thoughts:
Yuck! Lice is the worst. Hope you can get a handle on it! The joys of girls and school. I remember my mom combing through my hair a piece at a time and washing it with the Lice shampoo. Not so fun. good luck!
Oh, I am sorry. We were lucky and dealt with this in Emma's hair, which she kindly shared with me, about a year ago. We washed and then combed through and then combed through each day for about 3 weeks. It was definitely a long process but if you don't get all those eggs with the comb they will hatch and start everything over again. The shampoo only takes care of those live little bugs running around, not the eggs they lay.:( I check Emma on occasion to make sure we are under control around here and hopefully will be able to prevent another outbreak. I remember having to stand out on the back porch and mom working her magic on me when I was in elementary school. Just writing about it makes me itch!!! Best of luck getting those little buggers under control and for Haley having a better birthday next year.
Lydia is so cute up there on the piano and your addition is looking great. Emma asked me today if we could come to TX this summer. Not gonna work this summer, but maybe next. We'll see :).
Post a Comment