Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recipe of the Week (maybe month)

So Brian thinks that I should start adding a recipe every week, however, it might turn out to be every month, but I will try to do this. I will only add the recipes that MY family likes--so it might be a short list. Anyways, the one that Brian wanted me to put on 1st is called:

SAUCY RED CHICKEN

2 lbs. chicken breasts
1 (8 oz) bottle Russian or French salad dressing
1 (1.25 oz) envelope onion soup mix (dry)
1 cup (12 oz jar) Apricot Preserves
Hot Cooked Rice

Place chicken in a 13X9 inch baking pan. Combine dressing, soup mix and preserves; mix well. Pour 1/2 over chicken.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and juices run clear; halfway through cooking time, spoon the rest of the sauce over chicken. Serve over hot cooked rice.

Makes 8 servings

My family LOVES this recipe and it's so EASY to make!!

6 wonderful thoughts:

Emily said...

I am going to make this. I bought Russian salad dressing a while ago. I don't know why! I have thought about finding a recipe to use it with. This is perfect. I will give it a try and see how the hungry mungries enjoy it around here.

Erin said...

I've made this quite a few times. It is delicious. We call it Russian Chicken. Thanks for reminding me that I haven't made it in awhile!

Cheryl said...

Hmmm, sounds yummy. I'll have to try it. I have a similar recipe, yours sounds even better. I'm with Brian, once a week would be better for me! :)

Check out my blog again as I added a post called "a day with Linda" You'd appreciate this one.

Cardon Family said...

That sounds like a great idea for you to post something every week or month...either would be good to get new ideas! you guys always come up with good quick recipes....i love it!

Patty's Place said...

I will definately try this recipe as it is right up my lane - easy! Thanks for sharing.

Tara said...

OOOH, I think a recipe a week is a great idea! This one looks yummy! Thanks!