Sunday, September 20, 2009

WHAT, that's so GROSS!!

Isn't this such a sweet little girl?

Well, that's what I thought until one day after her (supposed) nap. I've heard of this happening to other people, and I was so grateful that I made it through 3 girls without it ever happening to me. . .

After laying Caitlyn down for a nap and letting her talk in her bed for a good little while, I finally decided to go check on her to figure out why she wasn't going to sleep. She seemed good, nothing wrong, so I layed her down again and left.

Once again, after a good little while, she was still singing and talking to herself, but no sleep. Then out of the blue a scared cry "mommy, mommy". Well, I hustled in there, but as soon as I opened the door, I got a terrible waft of smelly air. Next, I tried to find the sweetie in bed, sure enough there she was, but with NO DIAPER on. Now I am scared. As I got closer, and to my horror, I see that this sweet little girl has taken off her "messy" diaper and discovered the contents by smooshing it with her hands. It was all over her hands, legs and even bed.
(her bed after I cleaned it up)

Well, at least she didn't like it on her hands anymore so I was happy of that, thinking that maybe this would be the last time she ever did this. After cleaning it all up, then I remembered to take pictures, sorry folks I'm sure you would've loved to have seen all that!

Needless to say, there was no nap that day. But, I now have a great story to tell. I still love you sweet little girl Caitlyn. There has been 2 other incidents since then where I've gone in to find her diaper off. Luckily it wasn't "messy".

6 wonderful thoughts:

Brianne said...

I'm so sorry that happened!! Especially when your pregnant UGH!!! I to have to deal with the diaper removal situation. Not with my 1st but my 2nd is making up for it! Good luck!!

Linda's Latest said...

That was the funniest story when you were telling it to me. (After the fact). Hope she doesn't try that on me while I'm out there. Yikes!!!

Erin said...

UUUUGGGGHHH! Time to pull out the duct tape. Make sure that diaper doesn't budge!

Cheryl said...

How do we survive to be adults? Not just all the looming accidents waiting to happen but because of incidents like this... that our parents do kill us!! Hang in there, a few more years and your children will be having children and you can just laugh at all the antics your grandchildren come up with.

Cheryl said...

Oops... that should have said 'don't' kill us above.

kkerr said...

Yuck! That never happened with my first one, but we've had a few incidents with the little one. Thankfully, only one of them was messy. When I put her in her crib during the day I have to remind her to leave her diaper on. Then she reminds me what happened when she took it off. So far so good. Maybe that will work for you? Maybe not. I'm just waiting for her to do it again.