So this is what I woke up to Saturday after Halloween. Yes, Meghan is sorting through her candy. Oh, it brought a tear to my eye :)
You see, when I was a kid, this is exactly what my brother and I used to do--FAITHFULLY--every Halloween! We would 1st sort through our candy seperating each piece into a different pile (i.e. favorites, not-so-favorites, and don't like). We would then--thanks to my smooth talking brother--trade. . .no, more like he would choose which ones of my candy he liked, and give me something in return from his not-so-favorites or don't like pile--I just thought it was cool that we had so much candy! Love ya Adam!!!
Well, thanks to him I have many a fond memory of seperating and trading candy! So when I saw Meghan's like and dislike pile, well needless to say it brought back those memories. I keep trying to get my girls to go through their candy, but surprisingly enough, they aren't as interested.


















5 wonderful thoughts:
Yup, I remember this ritual well. I wouldn't be surprised if Adam helps his kids sort their candy too!
Funny that you mention this because I talked about this very thing on my blog YESTERDAY--apparently neither of you have visited lateley;-)
I mean, lately:-) I still haven't figured out how to edit my comments after I have posted them. Do you know?
That's great. I can just see Adam being the helpful big brother, helping you get rid and something you might not even know that you liked, right?? But taking it off your hands (knowing he liked it). Nice! And, no Whitney, I sure don't know how to fix a mistake on a comment after it's published.
That's funny. What are brothers for, right :)
Post a Comment