
Ingredients
3 medium red potatoes (although I use regular potatoes)
2 c. water
1 small onion
3 tbls. butter
3 tbls. all-purpose flour
Crushed red pepper flakes
Ground black pepper
3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 c. shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 c. cubed cooked ham
Directions
1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1 in. cubes.
2. Bring water to a boil in large saucepan. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain, reserving liquid. Set aside potatoes. Measure 1 cup cooking liquid, adding water, if necessary; set aside.
3. Peel and finely chop onion. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion to suacepan; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown.
4. Add flour to saucepan; season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste. Cook 3-4 min.
5. Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk and sugar to onion mixture in saucepan; stir well. Add cheese and ham. Simmer over low heat 30 min., stirring frequently.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
CHUNKY POTATO SOUP
Written by
Sanette
at
6:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















6 wonderful thoughts:
Funny, I've been looking for a good potato soup recipe. Thanks.
I got this recipe from you our first Christmas with you in Louisiana. We love it, although it always takes me a while to make. I usually double it so it's worth my effort. It gets eaten FAST!
Looks good! I'll try it soon.
Love ya.
I don't know, that looks really yummy and really complicated. I'll have to weigh the pros and cons before I invest that much time and energy into a meal :) Pretty sure my kids love cheese crisps every night anyways ;) OOOOOH, I just had an epiphany, you should make that for all of us when you come for Christmas!!! Doesn't that sound fun!
Shhh... Tara. It's a SECRET! At least it... was. lol! I'll just make sure Adam doesn't read San's blog before then:-)
yum...that looks soooooo good!
Post a Comment