Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Marshmallow Game

Brian thought of this clever idea of a game for FHE. We used marshmallows (instead of rocks) to show the girls what it was like to be a Prophet of the past (i.e. Samuel the Lamanite).

Each girl enthusiastically climbed onto the chair and then proclaimed to the rest of the family what we were supposed to be doing right. We then all got to throw marshmallows at the person on the chair--great fun!

As you can see though, it ended up with the true meaning of marshmallowism. We had fun learning about the prophets--good game honey! I guess that's what you get when there's only 1 boy in the family.

2 wonderful thoughts:

ikathy said...

Too funny!! I wish my boys would have thought of that game long, long ago. Everyone loves marshmallows and it would have been a fun way to learn and remember the story of Samuel the Lamanite. Maybe we'll use it at our fhe with the grandkids!! Good job, Brian!!

Tara said...

I can't wait to try this out for our FHE. My kids are going to think this is the coolest activity ever. Of course, I'll pretend like I thought of it. ;) Thanks Brian, keep them coming.